Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Poem #1 If All The Seas Were One Sea

I was doing laundry today and an idea came to me. Don't act so shocked, ideas do come to me on occasion. I've been thinking the past few days, for some reason, about what I want to pass on to my children. Of course, as I've thought and told many people numerous times, I do not want to have children of my own, I want to adopt. But that is beside the point.
I was feeling very nostalgic. I was thinking about the poems my mum used to read to me all the time when I was little. The poems in the giant book that was my mum's when she was little. The poems in the book that is sitting in a trunk in my room. And I thought about how much I loved and adored those poems and would read them over and over when I learned how to read and how they taught me so much.
I really want to pass that down to my future child(ren).
It occurred to me that not many people now, especially of my generation and younger, have had these poems shared with them. They don't know many of the classic poems. In my point of view, from my perspective, that is a terrible shame.
So, I thought that this month I'll put up a new poem from my childhood book of poems every day. There are 142 poems in the book, (I just counted, hehe), so sharing one a day should not be a problem.
I think all children should be exposed to these classic poems and lullabies.
That's my opinion, and I am sure lots of people, especially teens, will think that this is a stupid idea. But I don't really care. It's important to me.

The poem I'm sharing today is a favorite. If All The Seas Were One Sea.
It took me a year or so to actually get the humor in it. Which makes me feel awfully slow after reading it now. So yes, I love this poem, I hope you enjoy it. :)

IF ALL THE SEAS WERE ONE SEA
If all the seas were one sea,
What a great sea that would be!
And if all the trees were one tree,
What a great tree that would be!
And if all the axes were one axe,
What a great axe that would be!
And if all the men were one man,
What a great man he would be!
And if the great man took the great axe,
And cut down the great tree,
And let it fall into the great sea,
What a splish splash that would be!




The book is appropriately called "Best Loved Nursery Rhymes and Songs" published by Parents' Magazine, it is the '1974 Edition' and says it is the Library of Congress Catalog No. 63-12348
If you were interested. I kind of doubt it.
Love you peoples!
Have a great day,
And God bless!
~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.