Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Was Writing Today!

I was actually writing today!
Yea, I know, it's been quite a while.
I just wrote down the word 'Discover' and stared at it for a really long time trying to think of what would come next. Then...It all just came together.
I guess, even though it sounds super corny, writing is like a sort of magic: it just happens and is wonderful and amazing. I don't understand how some people don't like writing. But, then some people don't understand how I don't like to drink pop. We're all different I suppose, but sometimes you just want someone who understands where you're coming from.
Anyways, I wrote two poems today, the one I like better is first. I named it 'Discovering Truth'

Discovering Truth

Discover
Meaningless truths
About the lies
That suffocate
We are not
Honest always
Truth can hide
Within a lie
Don't we wonder
About ourselves
Why this way
And not the other
Don't want to see
The truth within
Lies cascading
Through my skin
Hair let down
Soul exposed
Close your eyes
You don't want to know
Essence examined
Then let go
I'm shivering
Drenched in shame
Guilt besiege me
Apology
Given heartfelt
Lord, I want
To be new
To know You
You the Truth


That's the first one. Let me tell you, it is better than the other one. The other one is called 'Loved' which I titled quickly, it isn't quite the title I want but I can't think of the word or words I want to use. Anyways, here it is.

Loved
All I am is broken
Who could love this mess?
I'm burden-filled, messed up
Thought wrong too long
Drowned in mistakes
Turned to Misery
I was friends with a Demon
I wanted death and destruction
And I regret it all.
No pride is left for that past
I wish it were erased.
You've forgiven me
Me, the undeserving mess,
The broken one with clipped wings.
You made me new!
With new wings I soar
With peaceful heart I rest
Mind at ease
Lord Almighty renewed me through
Loves me eternally
I never could have thought
But I know in my soul
Someone loves me far more than I
Can ever now know

That's both of them. I like 'Discovering Truth' so much better than 'Loved' but I thought why not post them both.
I am going shopping today! Actually, not really shopping, we're just going to pick up some rat food because my rats have no food left for today at all!
Basically I'm killing time before my brother gets here and we leave. I should do my homework now...I really don't feel like doing it yet though. I will when we get back.
Speaking of homework, I have a killer essay for my English class!
It's all about Bloody Mary! I already told you about the assignment, but whoa, I am in such an 'I-wanna-watch-Supernatural' mood!
I put so much time into that essay I think I'll post it here sometime. Soon, if I remember to send it to myself from school.
I'm going to sign off now, see you!
Love you!
God bless!
~Tara

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you all about it some other time, we have to go to church, but yeah. Love ya! Do you write all the poems yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.