Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Saturday, April 11, 2009

♥Gracie♥

Yesterday, I had the great honor to hold a baby.
: )
Her name is Grace Marie, and I kept calling her Gracie.
She is the youngest of my mom's friend Tanya's children.
She is about four months old, and she is so precious!

Now, this may come as a shock since I am a 15 year old girl, but I have never really held a baby. I mean, sure, I held my cousin Eric when he was still a tiny baby. I was too scared to hold his older brother, Nicholas, when he was a baby.
Then there was Brijette, little Bri, also a cousin (well, second cousin once removed), who I did hold more than any other baby previously. But, I feel like that doesn't count since she was much older when I held her and I didn't feel comfortable holding her for long. I don't think she felt comfortable having me hold her for long, either. She liked to move though, and was always trying to walk.

I'm getting sidetracked.

Grace, well, I held her for quite a while Friday. I mean, it might have been an hour, but I'm not sure. She's so little! And I felt very comfortable holding her, maybe because she isn't a fussy baby and has six older siblings. I felt so good holding her, it was like baby therapy for me, because I was having a down day. She made me feel so good, I cannot express it in words. It was sort of like holding joy in my arms, and having joy grab and hold my fingers. Every time she wrapped her little fist around one of my fingers I had such a moment of joy. I absolutely love that! And hearing her suck her thumb when she was against my shoulder, I hope I never forget it.

Gracie has the most precious blue eyes. And I shall never cease to be amazed by baby hands and feet. I love her, and it's just incredible how babies are.

I was holding her, rocking slightly back and forth and re-situating her when she started to fuss, and I asked God to bless her and all babies. And I thanked Him for babies. They are incredible, and God makes each one perfect in His eyes.

I just wanted to gush to you for a little while and write all that down about Grace. I don't ever want to forget it, and having it written will help me to remember.

God bless you!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.