Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun Fotos!

I took my darling rats outside for a little while today. I remembered I had promised them I would take them out a long time ago, but I forgot. It's getting closer to winter every day, and today was actually relatively warm, so I didn't have to worry about them getting too cold.
I don't take my rats outside very often, mainly because of my cats and dog which have taken snaps at them other times I've brought them outside. I have to be very cautious. Therefore, I went outside through my basement so the dog wouldn't see or hear me. That worked pretty well. This is a picture of my newer rat, Venice.
Venice again. Isn't she adorable?! She really enjoyed being outside, both of them did. They made me smile the whole time we were out on the patio.
This is my dear Firenze. She is the rat I have had the longest. I had her for a few months when I decided she needed some company, she was so terribly lonely. So, we went back to the pet store and I picked out a beautiful all-brown rat who seemed small for her age. I christened her Venezia. Well, as I thought the day after we got her and I was watching her and Firenze interact, she didn't look too well. She died a week or two later. I knew it was going to happen and so did Firenze. It was sweet, Firenze would sometimes sit next to Venezia and groom her. After Venezia died, Firenze seemed even more alone. That is why, another few months later, I got Venice to be her friend. They fought at first, but now they get along and only play-fight occasionally.
Our nice trip outside was rudely interrupted by Star, who came meowing his way over to us. I put Firenze and Venice on my shoulders and then quickly snapped this picture of Star sniffing around where they had just been exploring.

So, after being scared away from the patio, I thought Firenze and Venice (guess where I want to go :-D) might enjoy the flower barrels. That's where I took them, and they did love it!
Venice is so cute!
Firenze is more of the explorer.
Venice looks over the edge of the barrel, she's pretty curious but also usually timid. Firenze helps her be more outgoing, as weird as that sounds.



The sun is so bright on Firenze's head, it makes her fur look purely white! It looks weird if you look at it for a long time.

Moto came over to us, and took a snap at Venice. I snatched her and Firenze up and that was the end of our trip. Star wouldn't follow us, but I know Moto would. She killed a lot of my pets, all my kittens until we got a mean rooster who showed her her place. But the rooster died, and now she is partially reverting to her old ways, though she bonded with my cats so I really doubt she would hurt them. But she would probably love to eat my rat-babes.

After we were on our way to the house, I took a pic of Moto and Star (who I was wrong about, he did follow us!) who were double-checking to make sure the rats really weren't there any more. It was a quick end to our little adventure, but we all still had fun.

God bless you all! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.