Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gran Torino - Official Trailer

You guessed it: yesterday I saw Gran Torino.
I went to the theatre with no idea, really, of what to expect.
Of course Clint Eastwood was excellent and extraordinarily convincing!
The boy who played Thao was also very convincing and I rather liked him, he reminded me of Chi-Chi just a little bit, but maybe that's just because they're both Hmong. Is that prejudiced? Well, I'm not sure, but I also like the girl who played Thao's sister, Sue, I think she was my favorite character.
The movie was very well-made and deserves an Oscar, I'd admit.
However, you would not want to bring anyone to see it if they do not like swearing or have low-tolence for it. Practically every other word was cuss, especially with the gangsters. However, if the swearing wasn't in the movie it would've been very corny and unconvincing. They probably could've moderated it a bit, though.
I really really enjoyed the movie besides that. It seemed sort of slow but I thought it was paced just right. You sort of ease into the story and Walt's (Clint Eastwood) life. I would so give it 4.5*/5*, and it only looses that .5* for swearing. The ending, well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't see it coming, at least part of it, but I was still surprised on how it happened. I didn't think it'd go down like that. Wonderful and sad movie. Very bittersweet. I truly enjoyed it.
I don't want to give anything away.
This is the Trailer for it, they did a good job cutting out the cussing so that it's 'approved for all viewing audiences'.
Enjoy, I'd recommend it to some people but definately not everyone.

Tell me if you've seen it and what you thought!
God watch over you guys!
~TARA

1 comment:

  1. I heard that movie was amazing, my mom and dad saw it while I had my gansters over. lol
    Did you cry? my mom bawled!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.