Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17, 2008

All of Ya'll are waiting for me to get my science test back. Well, I'm still waiting too.

I was reading C. S. Lewis' The Weight of Glory today, after I finished a test in school today. That is an incredible book, if you can decipher it. I was reading his speech entitiled Is Theology Poetry? And I almost burst out laughing. I think Lewis was trying to be funny when he was talking about how people who are skeptics and attack Christianity try to say that Christianity is just more mythology. And then Lewis made this whole dramatic 'mythological' view of how the earth was created from Darwin's explanation of the Big Bang. It was so dramatic and he did this whole thing about how everything was created and it was like the best myth ever and such an exciting story. It is. It's dramatic. But it's not real. It makes a great story, it sounds so exciting, first all darkness, then earth and then life and plants into animals into mammal into man. And then man into all that man is now. It is so dramatic but it didn't happen. I found it to be a great read, he is so insightful, and I recommend reading it. I haven't finished yet though.

God created Earth. And God created everything on Earth. So then lots of people say, so God created guns. I laugh in my head. Nice try skeptic. God created man. God gave man free will. And man used free will to create the killing machine, a.k.a. guns.

I want to say more, but I have to go. I will write more later. Please comment.

1 comment:

  1. i want to tell you that you have had 8 profile views on your page last I checked. Tara, you are a really awesome person. I love you, keep up the good work, well, bloggin' sista!God bless! once again, i apologize for being fake! well, not right now;-) wow. you must be so sick of me using that word. hey, you'll make it through the flames, no matter how bad they may seem.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.