Sharing my life with those who either don't have one or who are interested in what I have to say. For your sake I hope it's the latter. Kudos to you either way. ;D

Friday, September 26, 2008

Sighs and New Friends

The weather was supposed to get colder, and it was for a few days. Now it has heated up again, and that heat I cannot stand. I sigh in discontentment. I feel like dying in this heat, I must receive the cool, crisp, new beginning that autumn offers to me like an old and new friend rolled together, laughing and clearing my slate.

Even through this heat, friendship seems to endure.

I went to a parade today. It was homecoming week at school. Spirit Week, most schools do that I think. And so tonight is homecoming. But the parade was today. Of course, all my friends are in a float, everyone is part of something. Everyone but me, of course. And so, unsure of what to do, I flew with the crowd out of the pep fest and to main street for the parade. I went about half-way down the street when the crowd began to thin a bit. I stopped under the shade of a large tree, trying to look like I did not care that I was standing there all alone.
Then, much to my surprise and delight, a boy named Myka and his friend Darren came up to ask me where they were supposed to go. I said anywhere along the street. They still didn't really know what to do, so I told them they should just stay here, and they consented.
It was nice to be around kids in my grade, and though I did not really talk to them I still enjoyed the parade. Much more than I thought I would. All of my friends waved to me from their respective floats, even throwing candy at me, though I let the little toddlers and the sixth graders get all of it, except one purple tootie-fruitie I got early on.
And so the parade was over. I followed Darren and Myka back to the front of the school, Myka and I needed to catch the bus back to our sister school in the next town.
We said good bye to Darren and got on the bus that would take us to our town, we were almost the only ones on it. And, as things go, we started talking. Myka is really smart, I would consider him and expert in Mythology, he talked about it for quite a while. I like Mythology, and it was interesting talking to him, I really hope he doesn't think I was bored. It was hard to follow all he was saying, he talks so quietly, but intriguing nonetheless. We talked about school and his family and other places he's lived. Valley Fair and classmates. It was lots of fun, and a nice change from the usual conversations I have with my girl friends.
He seems like a really nice boy, Darren too, and I hope that our new found friendship with flourish.

Aside from all that, nothing has really changed with me. I am trying to learn to read Guitar tabs, so if anyone has some really simple and well-known tabs they would want to send me to help, I'd really appreciate it.
I'll talk to y'all some other time, right now I need to savor that fact that it Is thE wEEkEnd!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any appropriate comments for me here.
Or, e-mail me at catlover--7@hotmail.com
I want to know what you think.